We currently have an exciting open call for artists and creatives to work from a single sketchbook and take part in an exhibition.
We are currently seeking new volunteers to join the Rooftop Arts Centre and gallery team.
The role of the volunteer involves invigilating during exhibition opening hours Wednesdays to Saturdays, from 11 am to 4 pm.
This can be an exciting opportunity for anyone who is interested in working in arts management, exhibition making, curating and visual art practice.
We are looking for volunteers for the following roles:
• An interest in Visual and Applied Art
• An understanding of Rooftop Arts Centre history and aims
• The ability to take instruction
• The ability to work independently
• The ability to work effectively in a team
• The ability to communicate effectively with a broad range of visitors, staff and volunteers
• The ability to remain pleasant and professional at all times
• Basic IT skills
• A behind-the-scenes look at how an Arts Gallery functions
• Experience of volunteering in an established and respected art and craft gallery which has exhibition space, craft space, learning space, events, residency opportunities and more
• Develop your understanding and knowledge of contemporary art and craft
• Training opportunities may be available
If there are no volunteering opportunities available upon time of application, we will let you know and notify you if an opportunity becomes available.
If you would like to become part of Rooftop Arts Centre’s dedicated volunteer team please fill the below online form.