Learn about all the current opportunities to get involved at the Rooftop, we have regular volunteering, open calls for artists, and more.
Open Call: Red Online Exhibition
DEADLINE EXTENDED: Applications open until 27th of September
This September the Rooftop Arts Centre will be following up the success of its first online exhibition with a brand new colour themed show called ‘Red’ which will run for six weeks.
Artists can apply to be part of the show through an open call for works which use the colour red within the primary subject or theme of the artwork.
Three artists from the exhibition will be selected as winners for a three-person online group show later in the year.
See below for all the key information and application links
- Application Deadline: 27th September
- Application Fee: £5 (via Eventbrite)
- Online Exhibition Dates: 5th October – 15th November
- Artworks must use red as the primary colour of the subject or theme of the work.
- Complete an online application from
- Pay the application fee
- Send artwork files via email to us.
- Each artist can submit three artworks
- Artworks can be images, videos, or audio
- Each artist can submit a bio up to 150 words
- Each artist will be featured on our social media channels
- Three artists will be selected as winners for an online group show later in the year
Chair of the Trustees
The Rooftop Art Centre wishes to appoint a new Chairperson to our Board of Trustees. We invite applications from individuals experienced in governance and with the commitment, qualities and attributes to effectively lead the centre through its next stage of development.
The Rooftop is a registered charity based in the centre of Corby and provides an opportunity for artists of all backgrounds and abilities to learn, create and display art in a relaxed supportive environment.
The chair of trustees will have a track record in leadership and the business skills to support the board and Director to achieve our strategic goals whilst sharing our passion for the arts.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate:
• An ability to work collaboratively as a member of a team
• Strong relationship building abilities
• Tact and diplomacy
• Good, independent judgement and strategic vision
• Commitment to equality and diversity in action
It would also be beneficial to have a range of experience gained from
• Arts journalism, marketing or similar
• Human resources
• Facilities management and refurbishment
• Charity and governance
• Corby connections and fundraising
The role of Chairperson is a voluntary, unpaid, non-executive appointment. and requires a commitment of approximately three to four hours per month.
The Rooftop fosters an inclusive culture where all aspects of diversity are key to our success and we welcome applications from people of all backgrounds.
Please apply with a copy of your CV to email@example.com marking your email for the attention of trustees.
Deadline for applications is 5th October 2020 and interviews will start from the 7th October.